Book Now +353 56 777 1888
HOME ACCOMMODATION BARS & RESTAURANT MEETINGS THINGS TO DO & LEISURE PARKING & LOCATION CONTACT US
   
  CHECK AVAILABILITY : Check-in:  Nights-Stay:
HISTORY
ABOUT US
  THE BEGINNING
   
   
   
   
  BARS & RESTAURANT
  SPECIAL OFFERS
  SEASONAL PROMOTIONS
 
Boarder

History

Boarder Boarder
 

Welcome to Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel

 

In 1901 the property was leased to the Hibernian Bank, who rebuilt and extended the structure over the next 4 years. When the Hibernian Bank was subsumed into the Bank of Ireland during the 1960s, the building was acquired by the Avonmore Food Group. The current owner purchased the property in 1998 and following an extensive renovation of the building; this Georgian building has been restored to its former glory and opened its doors in May 2000 as Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel.

 
 
Hibernian In Full View Hibernian Left Bank
 
 

The original bank building has been retained, with its three-story façade of elaborate carved stonework and high-ceilinged public areas of rich Georgian décor and furnishings. The hotel offers a total of 46 guestrooms, including 6 in the original building and 40 rooms in a newer three floor wing. The six older rooms at the front are particularly spacious and furnished to a very high standard in keeping with the character of the building. The new accommodation was carefully designed to blend in and thereby maintain the integrity of the historic setting.

Of the public areas, the old banking hall makes an impressive traditional style bar, Hibernian Bar, set up with comfortable chairs and tables for informal eating; there is also a restaurant, City Bar & Grill, which has been built and decorated to avoid feeling like a hotel dining room and has its own entrance from the street.


 
THE HIBERNIAN COLLECTION   ASSOCIATE VENUES