Caring For You is our new guest care programme at the Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel to ensure we adapt to the new norms in hospitality following the recent Covid-19 pandemic. When your desire to travel, dine, and unwind returns, Caring For You is our guarantee that we are prepared to safely and warmly welcome you back.
Our Caring For You programme includes detailed, Cleaning, Sanitising and Health & Safety protocols which have been developed in line with HSE, government, and Irish Hotel Federation guidelines, and have been fully implemented across our hotel operation. These detailed protocols focus on health and hygiene in all aspects of our hotel and restaurant operations. In addition, we will be implementing some new innovations and services, to ensure your time with us is as enjoyable and relaxing as it ever was during this challenging time.
Some guidelines will be highly visible throughout our hotel, others will be combined into our service offerings, and many others in the back-of-house will even go invisible to your eye. In all cases, the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues will be our utmost consideration, so that you may continue to enjoy your time at Kilkenny Hibernian with new norms of safety and peace of mind.
Check-in & out
- Visible markings guide you safely in the hotel lobby, and our colleagues observe social distancing whilst checking you in and out.
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts are encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals are disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Key Cards are disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay.
- Vigorous and frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touch points is being carried out throughout our hotel
- Furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with proper social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the hotel at every necessary location and we are using the highest quality sanitiser in all areas.
- Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing protocols.
- Doorways are left open where allowed to reduce contact, and elevator usage is monitored to limit capacity and ensure priority access for those in need.
- A through and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touch points throughout.
- All additional collateral, furnishings and non-essential items have been removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness. We know the rooms look a bit bare, however these changes have been made with the highest levels of guest care and safety in mind.
- We are providing sealed sanitising hand wipes and sanitised amenity dispensers for each and every stay.
- Linens are being handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen is being washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins to kill potential bacteria.
- Newspapers, magazines and collateral have been removed from guestrooms and replaced by our complimentary PressReader App which grants you access to over 7,000 newspapers and magazines via your own personal devices.
- All dining services now have the option of in-room service, in addition to table service in our restaurant and bar
- Buffet services have been replaced by comprehensive menus for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner which our team of service staff will deliver to you with the utmost care and attention.
- Our service team are all wearing face coverings to afford you the maximum levels of comfort and peace of mind.
- Menus will be removed from tables, and have been replaced with laminated versions, wiped after each use, as well as digital versions to minimise contact.
- A reduced number of tables will be placed in zigzag patterns to ensure social distancing and avoid guests facing each other
- Tableware including all used and unused wares, condiments, placemats and linens are being removed and disinfected after each party has left. Tabletops and chair arms are also being disinfected after each seating
- Our hotel bar is fully open and serving a full range of high-quality food and beverages. Alcohol is available to guests, however under current Government restrictions, we are only able to serve alcohol with a substantial meal at this time.
- An enhanced educational and training program for all employees will run continuously, to ensure the utmost levels of safety and security throughout all areas of our operations
- Any local health guidelines around the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to by our teams across all departments from guest services to back-of-house and kitchens.
- A robust handwashing program is in place with all employees required to thoroughly wash their hands every 60 minutes, with records kept.
We have made a lot of changes to the way we operate in order to offer you the highest levels of comfort and peace of mind whilst enjoying your stay with us. This has been challenging, and our employees have all undergone extensive retraining to adapt to the new norms. Please bear with us if things are not quite as they used to be as we continue to adapt to this new, ever changing and challenging environment.