Ensuring Your Care During Covid
Caring For You is our special guest-care programme for the Covid-19 pandemic.
When your desire to travel, dine and unwind returns, it’s our guarantee that we are fully prepared to welcome you back safely and warmly.
Our Caring For You programme includes detailed cleaning, sanitising and health & safety protocols that have been developed in line with HSE, Government and Irish Hotel Federation guidelines. These protocols have been fully implemented across our hotel and focus on health and hygiene in all aspects of our operations. In addition, we will be implementing some new innovations and services, to ensure your time with us is as enjoyable and relaxing as possible during this challenging time.
Some of these guidelines will be highly visible to your throughout our hotel. Others will be combined into our service offerings. While many of our back-of-house guidelines will go unseen by you. In all cases, the wellbeing of our valued guests and colleagues will be our utmost consideration, so that we all continue to enjoy our time at The Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel.
- Visible markings guide you safely through the hotel lobby
- All employees will observe social distancing
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts are encouraged
- Payment terminals are disinfected before and after each transaction
- Key cards disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay
- Frequent and vigorous cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touch points
- Rearrangement of furniture to enable proper social distancing
- Hand sanitiser stations placed throughout the hotel
- Signage reminding all guests to social distance placed throughout public areas
- Doorways are left open where allowed to reduce contact
- Elevator usage is monitored to limit capacity and ensure priority access
- A through and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place
- Specific extra attention given to touch points
- All non-essential collateral, furnishings and items removed
- Sealed sanitising hand wipes and amenity dispensers for each and every stay
- Linens handled with extreme care to prevent potential contamination
- Used linen washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins
- Newspapers, magazines and collateral have been removed from guestrooms
- Complimentary PressReader App grants access to over 7,000 publications
- All dining services now have the option of in-room service
- Buffets have been replaced by comprehensive menus
- Our service teams all wear face coverings
- Laminated menus are wiped after each use
- Digital menus also available to minimise contact
- Table numbers have been reduced to ensure social distancing
- All wares, condiments, placemats and linens disinfected after each sitting
- Tabletops and chair arms disinfected after each sitting
- Hotel bar fully open, serving a full range of high-quality food and beverages
- An enhanced educational and training program for all employees will run continuously
- Local health guidelines around Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to
- A robust handwashing program is in place
- All employees required to wash hands every 60 minutes, with records kept
As you can see, we have made a lot of changes to the way we operate in order to offer you the highest levels of comfort and peace of mind whilst staying with us. While this has been challenging for all our employees, who have all undergone extensive retraining to adapt to the new norms, we are happy to do it. So please bear with us if things are not quite as they used to be, while we continue to adapt to this new, ever changing and always challenging environment.